2. Speed Prayer: Jericho

When Israel was in Egypt, they were not setting any records for speed, with the exception of birthing.  Clearly their brick making was not graced with miracles or they wouldn’t have been complaining to Pharaoh, Moses and God!

We don’t know how long the Ten Plagues lasted.  It could have been a few months or a few years.  It wasn’t just a couple of days.

We see no miraculous God-speed stories in the Exodus or the 40 years of wandering.  Not even in the building of the Tabernacle.

They crossed the Jordan, arrived in Gilgal and experienced circumcision, and the reproach of Egypt was rolled off them BY GOD.

And then God-speed happened.  Jericho was shut down, preparing for a long siege.  It wasn’t long – a mere seven days and the battle was completely over.  From then on, there was one God-speed situation after another.  We will look at several since each has a lesson.

The pivot point was clearly the circumcision.  The Egyptian curse slow walked their lives with a lot of difficulties before that.   There was frequent access to God-speed after that.  So let’s look at our circumcision very closely.

Colossians 2:9 “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.  In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.  When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ.  He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.  And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.”  NIV

Let’s nail down the critical issue here.  Circumcision does not = perfection.  I am not perfect and neither are you, but that is not a prerequisite for winning this battle.

Paul creates a very tight link between our salvation/baptism and our circumcision which was not a process, but an event.  My conviction is that if we have experienced the regeneration that came about through salvation and have identified with Christ’s death, burial and resurrection through the act of baptism, we have gone through the spiritual rite of circumcision, an event done once, by Christ.

Working out our salvation is still a process (Philippians 2:12).  The circumcision of salvation was an event.  And once that covenant action is behind us, the powers and authorities are disarmed.  The enemy’s right to ding us with the Egyptian curse is gone.

Now he still will, if he thinks he can get away with it, but it isn’t legal and he doesn’t have holding power.

That is the focus of the prayer for today.  Join me in a class action lawsuit for the whole of the SLG tribe.

2. Speed Prayer Jericho

P. S.  I know the audio quality is not too great.  This was nowhere on my schedule for this week, but it came up and I am running hard with the equipment I have in hand.  Look at it this way – I am quite sure the quality is good enough for the devil to understand what I am saying!

From my retreat – the last one from here for a while.

Comments

I have been catching up with the prayers. Listening and agreeing with more than one a day. We live in Ohio and I have a brother in South Africa and a sister that lives in Australia. I have seen my brother 3 times in 16 years and my sister once in 18 years. Not only did my husband and I found great prices for airfare to South Africa in December, but this morning I heard my sister and her two children will be there too when we’re there. Such a blessing from God. Now I’m hoping some of our kids, they’re all young adults (work and schedules) can go too. Such breakthrough!!

The warfare has been intense. the last two weeks. This all coincides with a book release, so some might be connected to that. But it has been interesting how I have been able to mostly be at peace and feel the atmospheric pressure of warfare and pray accordingly when the revelation comes to break through. So I am going after complete breakthrough along with Arthur. It is time to break through!!!

Thank you, Arthur, for leading the way!.

2. rustyandjanet says

I am just starting on this action with you, but I need to report that on July 17, we got a release of our US passports from the French Consulate in D.C. after more than a year of hinderances, stalling and waiting for a visa application to be processed. Normally this process should be completed in two months or less; for us, it has been 13 months. We were assured that we would receive an answer by July 24, but that hasn’t arrived as of today. We continue to battle for the visa to be released so that the intended Kingdom project in France can go forward.

Thank you for starting this class action lawsuit. We stand with you.

3. Lisa says

Praise God! I have some victory! I have never been able to open up a download from Arthur, on my phone before, even do g on my computer was complicated, but now, not only, it opens up to my music player, it saves it! I am so excited! This prayer warrior, is so on it, now!

Love it. I can’t make them work either, so I am encouraged to try again now. Cheering you on. You have your firstfruits, but that is only the first. Define your next area to beat the slow walking demon and press on for the whole tribe. Thanks for sharing your victory.

4. Nina says

Amazing clarity on cycles were I have been under the reproach. Darkness exposed to light. Already an excelleration of solutions. Praising and joyful. I have a home we were unable to sell when we moved 9 years ago. We’ve been renting it out. It goes on these market soon. Trusting for a quick lucrative sale 😀.

5. Frances Bell says

I am an intercessor, my first fall left me with a sore leg for two months, was again in deep intercession when I fell again, hurting my right leg, put me in bed for a week still battling to walk. Ha Satan fights hardest what he fears the most. There is not a prayer warrior that I do not know, that has not been viciously attacked. No matter what Arthur, we cntinue to pray. Daybreak will soon arrive. Frances Bell

6. Erica says

So much fits for me. I’ve been in a very intense season for the last six months related to a broken engagement. There are a litany of things that also seem to fit the curse. However the most disconcerting thing in the last two months has been no intimacy with God and not just no intimacy but resistance to it. The level of pain of my disappointment has something to do with this, but I have walked disappointment and pain in intimacy with God before so this resistance is new for me and borders on questioning if he is even real. However, after listening to your prayer today, that broke. I was able to engage Him again in our familiar way. I am celebrating so deeply that I can feel him again. And I am so grateful to be reminded and shown that we have a loving and powerful God. I feel like I am walking with him again. Thank you thank you.

Ah Erica, that is immense indeed. Even without a trauma as big as a broken engagement, a lot of people are struggling with intimacy. I will add that to the battle list. No slow walking our connection with God.

• Erica says

I myself didn’t know intimacy with God for many many years of my walk. It is close to my heart that people would have that. Glad it’s on the list. I will pray into that for others too.

7. Beth says

Hoping with all my might…waiting.

Last night two pieces of electronics restarted in the middle of the night about 10 minutes apart and the dog simultaneously growled at something else. Pretty sure AHS and guard.

When repairmen come to our house, they leave things worse. When someone is scheduled to come fix it, he hurts his leg. More appliance breakage. Issues installing, causing kitchen havoc.

Long-anticipated family trip. Luggage doesn’t arrive. Pre-trip preparations blemished by injury.

Family dissonance.

Weirdness when excursion delayed by an hour because driver looks right at husband and doesn’t see him and leaves.

Two other excursions with weirdness–injury and marked lack of success.

Sudden and intense illness, persisting despite antibiotics.

Old nemesis at husband’s work tries old tricks to derail him, first day back, after he’s had maybe 2 hours sleep due to delayed flights.

I am doing everything I know how to do, and more.

Please, if anyone gets anything specific for us, I am all ears.

The prayer fits all our problems. Just hasn’t worked…yet.

• Beth says

forgot to mention slow electronics and lost/fried chargers.

I am seeing better computer speed on my computer today. Thankful!

Beth, I would push back on your final statement. Some things are solved by prayer and some by principle. Always two options.

I do agree that the victories we have had in the tribe so far are small. I don’t know whether the root of your family’s issues is the Egyptian curse. I do know that we have a serious campaign ahead of us. The enemy will try to placate us with a few quick victories, but I am in this for the long haul, wanting to break the back of this spiritual issue in our tribe. So, in the midst of our pain, we hunker down and keep on hammering.

• viviennehines says

I agree that the fight has only just begun. I got an immediate breakthrough on an issue that has been lagging in my business, but I am fully aware that our ancient enemy is a cunning fighter. So I am continuing to push back.

• Beth says

Seeing things pick up–repairman showed, things worked despite strange wiring by previous installer, health improving, family harmony excellent. Began creative project that came to me out of thin air, made rapid progress. Yes! Thanks for the prayer and pushback. And to anyone who prayed.

This morning as I was meditating the issue of the paralyzed man in John 5:1-9 man who was instantly healed after 38 years came to me. So now I release my class action suite against paralysis, spiritual, physical, emotional, psychological, relational, financial, social and any other domains of paralysis for me and my children, you Arthur and the SLG tribe everywhere for immediate release of all our possessions in Jesus name amen and amen

9. Cheri says

Thank you thank you, thank you!!! Having language for this is immensely productive. So many of the concepts you pioneer are so new and unfamiliar to us in the tribe – but we lack the language to apply it functionally. For this gift you give us I am immensely grateful. I have transcribed these prayers and passed them on to others – I hope that’s okay.
    May the Lord richly bless the fruit of your work.