4. Speed Prayer: Ruth

This dream was beyond dead.

She had been married and had not had children, so she now carried the label of barren.  She was widowed, destitute and a foreigner who didn’t speak the language and didn’t know the culture of the Hebrews in Bethlehem.

The dreams of husband, children, family love, grandchildren, celebrations and all that goes with marriage were dead, gone, over, buried, forgotten.

Today the focus was on survival.  Glean in the field, doing the job that is relegated to the poorest of the poor.

At least that was the human perspective.

God had a plan.  Looking back, she could pick up one or two clues of the plan, but in the moment, there was little to suggest that He was on the move.  In fact, on the surface it looked like she was abandoned by Naomi’s God who had also pretty obviously abandoned her.

But God did have a plan, and He was at work behind the scenes setting up one of the fastest courtships outside of Las Vegas.  With a little bit of help from Naomi, God helped Ruth propose marriage in the wee hours of the morning, and the hot headed, skilled businessman Boaz, closed the deal in a few hours.

God-speed.

Who knows what plans God has for us that we don’t know about yet?  We are so focused on the crisis of the moment.  We so want to get out of survival and wish God would pour some God-speed on our checking account.  And God did provide her with a couple of small bumps in her economy along the way, but by the end of the story, she was married to the biggest chunk of wealth in the county.

Because God had plans.

Plans about her twice dead plans.

Plans for a resurrection with God-speed and a God-size triumph.

Today let’s continue to war by sight for all of the areas where we know that the Egyptian curse is at work, but let’s also war by faith for all of the God-plans that we don’t even know are in process.

4. Speed Prayer Ruth

From a Teacher region with a really bad reputation, where God was there first, laying a fantastic foundation

Comments

1. Jules says

Wow,wow,wow l’ve been following the speed prayers but I’ve been
    feeling slow and off my game with the neurotoxin. When I listened to this prayer something shifted and my thinking became clear. Simultaneously we had an extended family breakthrough. So we are Celebrating the power of God to bring dead dreams to life and do the impossible! Woo hoo!

Jules, this is the nature of the battle. There is no one prayer that is the fix it for everyone. Rather we keep on pressing in and slowly the cumulative pressure of the prayers breaks down the enemy strongholds. Keep praying for our whole tribe. Rejoicing in the open door with the extended family.

2. nita7932014 says

Right on, Arthur, I’d like to be selfish and say that this prayer was for me, however, there are without a doubt a bunch of us who needed this and I send it back to you and the SLG group too. Thanks
    Nita

Yes, Nita, thanks for sending it back. I used to joke that every decade I had to buy a new forty acre field to expand the graveyard of my dreams. I am mowing the lawn there these days, getting ready for some resurrections.

Thanks again Arthur, I have quite a few dreams that needs a soaking in this prayer so I am praying it (3) today. Thanks again.

4. Sonia says

This prayer hit home so hard! I had to listen twice to hear it.
    Thank you Arthur for leading today. Thank you SLG tribe! Arthur, your investment of blessings has strengthened me here today for this battle though this is where the Egyptian curse has hurt me the most. I trust God in faith, He is mightily orchestrating His plan!

I love the bigness of each prayer, seeing the bigger picture and changing my perspective.

Thank you Arthur, for taking time to write each blog, recording prayers and warring all together.

This prayer touched me deeply. Will keep on.

6. Beth says

Beautiful. God has taken me to Ruth again and again this past year. Especially this verse (MSG translation):

“Naomi said, ‘Sit back and relax, my dear daughter, until we find out how things turn out; that man isn’t going to fool around. Mark my words, he’s going to get everything wrapped up today.'” Ruth 3:18

7. Debbie C. says

I am taking these prayers that affect childbirth, addressing a spiritual birth that needs to happen, a young lady with a Narcissistic-Sociopath mother. This young lady needs salvation,deliverance and great infilling of the Holy Spirit. I dream for her, and for my son who is her boyfriend, of a Godly marriage,and dynamic meshing birthrights!